We make tools that make websites.

Forums (Archived)

The Solspace Support Forums are now CLOSED (read-only)

Check out our new support options here. Please refer to this blog post for more information.

Blank pages after moving to another server

Rank

Total Posts: 6

PM

Ignore

I just recently moved my EE 1.6.8 install from one Windows server to another. Everything is working great with the exception of Freeform. When I try to access it through the control panel, I’m greeted with a blank white screen. Any time I try to hit a page with a freeform form on it on the front-end of my site I also get a blank white page.

I’ve tried upgrading FF to the latest version, installed everything correctly as far as I can tell; bridge seems to be where it should be. I can’t imagine FF has domain-specific parameters anywhere, but I’m not sure.

I’ve tried to remove the module through the Modules > Remove option but also get a blank screen.

I’ve tried deleting all of the Freeform-specific tables out of my database and reinstall but never get the option to install. FF still thinks it’s installed; what am I doing wrong there? How do I completely nuke it and start over?

Mind you I moved from another server where Freeform is working fine. Only since the move has it started acting up.

Thanks

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 4368

PM

Ignore

Can you turn on the php error reporting in the control panel?
What version of php is your new server running?

Does it give you an error message?

On another note, I would also upgrade EE to 1.7.1

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Jim

Signature

“When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Sherlock Holmes

Rank

PM

Ignore

Thanks for the quick reply Jim. I have error reporting enabled but receive nothing; just blank pages. Php version 5.3.8.

I’m trying to stay away from upgrading EE - whenever I try upgrading past 1.6.8 I end up running into major site-breaking issues with the Structure module.

Rank

PM

Ignore

Sorry for the back-to-back posts but I just looked in my php error log to find more specifics on what was erroring. Seems Bridge didn’t fully extract where I told it do. Now that I’ve made sure everything Bridge needs is in place, I’m at least getting to the Freeform module page inside CP.

RankRankRankRank

PM

Ignore

Well if you want to PM me a CP login I can take a look for you.

Regards,

Jim

Signature

“When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Sherlock Holmes

RankRankRankRank

PM

Ignore

OK.  Keep me posted.

Regards,

Jim

Signature

Sherlock Holmes

Rank

PM

Ignore

Got it. Definitely was an incomplete Bridge install. Working like a charm now. Thanks for all your help Jim.

P.S. Is that a PRS you’re playing in your avatar pic? smile I have a CE24

RankRankRankRank

PM

Ignore

Great.  I’ll mark this resolved.

Error messages can be very helpful!

Feel free to ask any further questions.
Just start a new thread.

Regards,

Jim

P.S.  yes, it is a PRS, not one of the uber $$ ones, I don’t know the # of the top of my head.

Signature

Sherlock Holmes