We make tools that make websites.

Forums (Archived)

The Solspace Support Forums are now CLOSED (read-only)

Check out our new support options here. Please refer to this blog post for more information.

Fatal error

Rank

Total Posts: 15

PM

Ignore

Have you come across this error before?

Fatal errorCannot access private property Addon_builder_parser_template_morsels::$old_get in

/home/XXX/XXXXXX/content/system/expressionengine/libraries/Template.php on line 1078 

It only happens when I use a specific morsel on a template or try to refresh that morsel in the admin.

The code in the morsel is as follows:

{embed="includes/_primary-sub" entry_id="{entry_id}"

EE 2.3.1
Morsels 1.5.4

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Jim

RankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 9901

PM

Ignore

Hi Jim,

Can’t say I encountered this error before; I just tested this on my side and had no errors. This happens when you click “Refresh Now” link in the control panel only? Do you get this error on the front-end?

Have you done a recent update/upgrade of Template Morsels or EE recently? Are all files where they should be?
Have you tried clearing your cache in EE, or deleting this problematic morsel (containing the embed), and re-creating the morsel?
Any other morsels causing this problem?

Sorry for the many questions. Hopefully this helps smile

Signature

Rank

PM

Ignore

Thanks for the quick response!

Yes, it also happens on the front end whenever a template tries to call that morsel.

I just upgraded both EE and Template Morsels (among other things). No other morsels are causing problems. The files appear to be in the right place (third_party).

So far, I’ve tried:
Deleting and recreating the morsel
Removing and reinstalling Template Morsels and recreating all the morsels
Renaming the embed that it’s targeting
Clearing EE cache

Also, it works fine on my local MAMP install. I didn’t have any issues until deploying to our dev server.

RankRankRankRankRank

PM

Ignore

Renaming the embed that it’s targeting

Is the error still appearing when you change the embed? What if you remove the embed from the morsel? How about if you remove the entry_id=”{entry_id}” part only? Like I said, though, I couldn’t reproduce the issue.

Since this appears after migration, could this be due to the .htaccess file somehow?
Is the embed accessible through a regular template? How about if the embed template is not a hidden template (i.e. doesn’t have a beginning underscore in front of it)? smile

Signature

Rank

PM

Ignore

We found the issue. I think it was a problem with parse order and Brandon Kelly’s Iterate plugin paired with Taxonomy inside of the template being cached. I was able to use a second embed and pass the parameters separately. So far so good. Still not sure why this would differ between environments.

Thanks again for your help.

RankRankRankRankRank

PM

Ignore

My pleasure smile
So the issue was with the other third-party code then?
In terms of Template Morsels, can we consider the issue resolved? smile

Signature

Rank

PM

Ignore

Yes, I think it’s resolved now.

Apparently when Template Morsels tried to cache the code (only on specific environments), it would throw an error. Reworked the code, and it seems to be working again.

RankRankRankRankRank

PM

Ignore

Glad to hear it’s working.
I’ll close the thread then, but feel free to post again if you have other questions smile

Signature