We make tools that make websites.

Forums (Archived)

The Solspace Support Forums are now CLOSED (read-only)

Check out our new support options here. Please refer to this blog post for more information.

Favorites Count

RankRank

Total Posts: 43

PM

Ignore

ExpressionEngine 2.3.1
Favorites 3.0.5

Let me start with saying I’ve never been so impressed with support as I am with Solspace, it’s absolutely great. With that being said I have an issue where in my

{exp:favorites:entries favorites_count=“yes” dynamic="no" sort="asc" limit="5"
if I switch
favorites_count=“yes” 
to
favorites_count="yes" 

my entries will no longer display. Currently I have all my pages displaying as I’d like but just curious why this would prevent my entries from displaying correctly when i believe the second is technically the correct way to display. Thanks again for all your great support and creating such a great Add-On!

RankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 9901

PM

Ignore

Hi Phil,

When you use the favorites_count=“yes” parameter, only the {favorites_count} variable is available in the {exp:favorites:entries} tag. This is described in detail in the documentation:
http://www.solspace.com/docs/detail/favorites_entries/#favorites_count

I you want to use {favorites_count}, you will need a separate {exp:favorites:entries} tag pair. The reason why your first example made {exp:favorites:entries} work was because of the curly/fancy quotes: these were likely not recognized by the tag grin

Signature

RankRank

Total Posts: 43

PM

Ignore

Again you’ve made things a breeze, that makes total sense now. Sorry for taking up so much of your time.

RankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 9901

PM

Ignore

Absolutely no problem, glad I could help smile
I’ll close the thread then, but feel free to post again if you have other issues.

Signature