We make tools that make websites.

Forums (Archived)

The Solspace Support Forums are now CLOSED (read-only)

Check out our new support options here. Please refer to this blog post for more information.

Manually Adding URIs to Database

Rank

Total Posts: 4

PM

Ignore

Hello, we are using the latest EE and SPC. We are directly inserting entries in the exp_static_page_caching_queue and exp_static_page_caching_uris tables but when we call our cron it appears as though most or all of the uris get dropped and nothing gets actually cached. Can I get a generally outline of how to programatically add URIs to SPC and get them to generate? Thanks!

Rank

Total Posts: 4

PM

Ignore

Just to clarify if we add the entries to the queue table and then call the CRON URL we only get 4 URIs to actually cache whereas if we go the the queue in the admin we can successfully manually process all of them. {exp:static_page_caching:check_queue} doesn’t seem to do anything although apparently there is an 8 URI limit there regardless? Thanks!

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 152

PM

Ignore

I cannot duplicate your problem.  If you have your sites set up correctly in Preferences AND you insert your URIs into the queue table with a unique id field, the correct site_id, and a valid URI, it should work.  I tested with both the Cron URL for my site and the check queue tag.

Signature