We make tools that make websites.

Forums (Archived)

The Solspace Support Forums are now CLOSED (read-only)

Check out our new support options here. Please refer to this blog post for more information.

Preparser Extension Settings Page Comes up Blank

RankRank

Total Posts: 73

PM

Ignore

Gave this error message once and then just comes up blank on reloading:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 64 bytes) in /www/pathtosystem/hermes/lib/documentDOM/documentDOM.php on line 131

ExpressionEngine 1.6.8 / Build:  20090723

Website on enginehosting.

Signature

RankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 13708

PM

Ignore

Rob,

What kind of code are you trying to preparse? Can you post it here? smile

Signature

RankRank

PM

Ignore

I haven’t gotten to that point yet. That’s what happens when I click the settings link in the extension manager area (just installed it). I can PM you login/FTP info if you want to check it out…

Signature

RankRank

PM

Ignore

I just went and tried to access the Extension settings page for it again and here’s the same error again:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 81 bytes) in /www/path-to-system-files/hermes/lib/documentDOM/documentDOM.php on line 57

Signature

RankRankRankRankRank

PM

Ignore

Sorry for the misunderstanding Rob smile

What is your PHP Memory limit set to?

Signature

RankRank

PM

Ignore

No idea. Its just an install on enginehosting. I haven’t touched any settings related to that…

Signature

RankRankRankRankRank

PM

Ignore

Hmmmm… EngineHosting is usually flawless, so this will require some further investigation of Preparse and/or Hermes.
May I take you up on the CP/FTP offer? smile

Signature

RankRank

PM

Ignore

You bet - coming right up… I’ll PM you details (2min).

Signature

RankRank

PM

Ignore

login info PM’d

Signature

RankRankRankRankRank

PM

Ignore

Hi Rob,

There was a bug on our end. We’ve corrected it and applied the patched files to your site. It should be working fine now smile

Thanks for your patience with us!

Signature

RankRank

PM

Ignore

Ok, thanks very much!! All’s well that ends well smile

Signature

RankRank

PM

Ignore

This really works well - but I noticed that preparsing does not occur in the output custom field if the {preparse_entry_id} tag is being used in my template.

Currently, I set limit=1 so it pulls the latest entry which is the one I’m currently adding. And instead of using the preparse data tag I just used the custom field name for the input content. But that doesn’t work if I’m trying to edit an old entry - then I get the most recent entry’s content.

{exp:weblog:entries weblog=“xxx|yyy|zzz”  limit=“1” entry_id=”{preparse_entry_id}” disable=“categories|category_fields|member_data|pagination|trackbacks” }

As a test I took everything out of the preparse template and left in the {preparse_entry_id} to see if it would pull that entry id into the output field and it did not - so I’m not sure if the {preparse_entry_id} is outputing anything - same with the preparse data tag.

Also, I was also curious if it’s possible to use one input custom field to output to multiple output custom fields? Right now I see it only loads the field once in the settings so I’m guessing it’s not possible.

Signature

RankRankRankRankRank

PM

Ignore

rob - 20 January 2010 12:02 PM

Also, I was also curious if it’s possible to use one input custom field to output to multiple output custom fields? Right now I see it only loads the field once in the settings so I’m guessing it’s not possible.

Yes, you can only preparse the output to 1 field. As for the other issue, I’ll have Paul take another look smile

Signature

RankRank

PM

Ignore

I went through and tried out the preparse tags again in a template and it appears to be working now!

not sure what went wrong/right in between then and now but I believe it’s all good now. It does seem to be working fine.

I want to add my kudos to the person who thought this extension up. It’s a pretty powerful tool to have and I’m surprised I haven’t heard about it before.

Signature

RankRank

PM

Ignore

Just double checking - is it possible to use the same outgoing field as the incoming field? It looks like it could be possible but I don’t think it’s an option in the extension. It might be a good addition. This would be helpful for any site that has its weblogs already in use and would need to essentially duplicate fields in the template page so that old entries had content.

Signature

RankRankRankRankRank

PM

Ignore

rob - 21 January 2010 06:58 PM

I went through and tried out the preparse tags again in a template and it appears to be working now!

Sweet! smile

rob - 21 January 2010 07:44 PM

Just double checking - is it possible to use the same outgoing field as the incoming field?

At one point it actually was possible, but it was a bug. I don’t think you’d want to do this anyways, as I don’t believe it would have worked anyway.

Signature