We make tools that make websites.

Forums (Archived)

The Solspace Support Forums are now CLOSED (read-only)

Check out our new support options here. Please refer to this blog post for more information.

auto generate shorcuts?

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 161

PM

Ignore

does this auto generate short urls for every weblog you post, or do you have to manually set each one up as you publish it?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1305

PM

Ignore

I swear this thing has been known to the world for just a few hours and this is the third request we have seen for the feature you describe. I hope to build this feature in within the next 2 weeks or so.

There, are you happy PieMan? The people have spoken.

smile

mk

Signature

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 142

PM

Ignore

Haha - I know that I am one of those!  Sorry Mitchell - I know its a never ending stream of Feature Requests.  I realize auto shortening maybe a major addition- but I was under the impression that, that was part of this module.  I think you could easily justify a price increase with that feature too.  $20 is too cheap. Seriously.

RankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 13708

PM

Ignore

Mitchell Kimbrough - 24 March 2010 05:46 PM

Hot diggity dog! grin

eyevariety - 25 March 2010 05:50 AM

I think you could easily justify a price increase with that feature too.  $20 is too cheap. Seriously.

We’ll be sure to charge you $95 when it’s available grin

Signature

RankRankRank

PM

Ignore

And you know I would gladly pay it… Check out http://Awe.sm for the tightest functionality in that space.

RankRankRank

PM

Ignore

Just off the top of my head- it seems like this is a case where a site with 1000s of shortcuts could overun memory limits- like *ahem* tracker *ahem* ahem*

RankRankRankRankRank

PM

Ignore

eyevariety - 25 March 2010 07:45 AM

Just off the top of my head- it seems like this is a case where a site with 1000s of shortcuts could overun memory limits- like *ahem* tracker *ahem* ahem*

Yes… but I don’t think comparing the 2 is comparing the same thing. smile

Signature

RankRank

Total Posts: 62

PM

Ignore

I swear this thing has been known to the world for just a few hours and this is the third request we have seen for the feature you describe. I hope to build this feature in within the next 2 weeks or so.

smile

mk

make that four smile

RankRank

Total Posts: 70

PM

Ignore

mathew - 26 March 2010 06:01 AM

smile

mk

make that four smile

make that five wink

Signature

greetings from the swiss alps

RankRank

Total Posts: 62

PM

Ignore

Would be good if this (auto generate on weblog entry) also included a box where custom short url could be typed as you can do in the module settings. And perhaps tags so this link can be put in a template for a weblog entry so users get a short permalink link at the end of a post.

What about support for LG Twitter (i.e. make it easy for LG & co. to implement) / a FR for LG Twitter to support this? That would be excellent!

RankRankRank

PM

Ignore

So wait a minute.. you mean to tell me that you guys are manually making shortcuts for each of your new blog posts and software pages?  Really?  I just need confirmation for my Solspace book coming out next spring.

RankRankRankRankRank

PM

Ignore

eyevariety - 19 April 2010 12:52 PM

So wait a minute.. you mean to tell me that you guys are manually making shortcuts for each of your new blog posts and software pages?  Really?  I just need confirmation for my Solspace book coming out next spring.

Haha, you bet! We put in an extra 4 seconds of work for each entry wink

Signature

RankRankRankRankRank

PM

Ignore

Mitchell’s not allowed to speaking publicly about release dates anymore grin

It’s on the roadmap, but we’ve prioritized a few other critical updates to other addon’s first smile

Signature

RankRank

Total Posts: 85

PM

Ignore

Another vote for this, absolutely a necessary element of this add on, thanks!

RankRank

Total Posts: 87

PM

Ignore

Yeah.  I’d buy this if it automatically did shortcuts for entries.

ie:

site.com/34543

(34543 is entry id)

that’s what I need.

Rank

Total Posts: 12

PM

Ignore

smile

mk

And another request for this feature smile

Even if it didn’t auto gen for EVERY entry, a faster way to create them on the publish form would be great.