We make tools that make websites.

Forums (Archived)

The Solspace Support Forums are now CLOSED (read-only)

Check out our new support options here. Please refer to this blog post for more information.

working calendar examples, please!

Rank

Total Posts: 3

PM

Ignore

Hello,
I am interested in implementing Solspace Calendar on an ExpressionEngine site, but would love to see some working examples (not code examples) of how people have implemented it.

Anyone care to share their examples?
Thanks!
Lee Tom

Rank

PM

Ignore

Anyone? Even at SolSpace? Since this seems to be the only robust calendar option for EE, it seems like there would be some sites out there using it…

RankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 13708

PM

Ignore

Hi Lee,

There are definitely many sites using this. However, we don’t have some sort of list of sites using it. If you look through the support requests here though, you’ll see some people that are posting their sites for reference. Here’s one of them: smile
http://shoplocalmilledgeville.com/index.php/calendar/

Signature

Rank

PM

Ignore

Thanks,
I did look through these posts, and that’s the only example I could find.

RankRank

Total Posts: 82

PM

Ignore

I have my calendars as more of a list of events as it pertains to individual comic:

Here’s an example of one:

Aziz Ansari Tour Dates

I’ll probably do a more Calendar-page like Calendar for the Comedy Clubs pages when I build those.

Signature

Todd Jackson Web Design - toddjacksonworks.com
Dead-Frog - A Comedy Blog - dead-frog.com

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 116

PM

Ignore

www.findlaychurch.co.uk/whats-on is another example implementation

RankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 13708

PM

Ignore

Thanks guys! smile

Signature

Rank

Total Posts: 1

PM

Ignore

I am looking for a calendar that shows the days of the month, like a typical wall calendar, but can expand in height.  In other words, if there is nothing on a given week, that weeks horizontal bar would be small, just the day numbers.  But if you had 3 events on one day in the next week, that week’s bar could expand to two inches or whatever to accomodate the three listings.  Also I would like to be able to put in photos.

RankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 9901

PM

Ignore

Hi doniphan,

The “quick-and-easy” way to get a visual calendar table is to use the {exp:calendar:mini} tag:
http://www.solspace.com/docs/detail/calendar_mini/

Although you should be able to style this calendar more or less the way you want using a stylesheet (CSS), you may find that this tag assumes a little too much on how you want the Calendar HTML layout to be. In that case you can use the more sophisticated {exp:calendar:cal} tag, which can be used to build, from scratch, a calendar the way you want it. This also gives you control on displaying events within the calendar (as well as control on displaying the event’s custom fields, such as photo, color, etc in your case).
More information on this tag can be found here:
http://www.solspace.com/docs/detail/calendar_calendar

If you have Calendar installed, I recommend installing the Calendar code pack that comes with Calendar: it contains good examples of how the addon can be used smile

Signature