We make tools that make websites.

Forums (Archived)

The Solspace Support Forums are now CLOSED (read-only)

Check out our new support options here. Please refer to this blog post for more information.

Page hangs after Morsel refresh

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 122

PM

Ignore

Using EE 1.6.9 and Morsels 1.5.1.

Template Morsels is awesome, but I noticed some odd behavior.  If I have a page using a morsel, and then I go and edit or refresh the morsel it uses, the page hangs the first time it is viewed thereafter.  The broswer just says “waiting for server” and then times out.  However, If I refresh then the page loads fine.  It basically only happens the first time a page is viewed after a template morsel is refreshed or edited.  Everytime thereafter the page loads fine, until that morsel is refreshed or edited again.

Its a pretty minor issue but I am curious to know what the cause of it.

Thanks!

RankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 9901

PM

Ignore

Hi dmacli,

Is there a specific morsel that is acting this way? Where is the morsel located (in an embed, inside an exp:weblog:entries tag)? Are you using Tempalte Morsel’s fetch or harvest tag?
Are you using EE’s standard template caching in addition to the morsel?

Some of the above may be related to your issue smile

Signature

RankRankRank

PM

Ignore

Hey,

I only have two morsels, but the longer one seems to be having this issue.  It has many many lines of code.

The morsel is not in an embed or a entries tag.

I am using fetch.

The template I am testing with isnt using caching.

WOuld you like me to paste the contents of the morsel?

RankRankRankRankRank

PM

Ignore

Sure, that would help smile
If we can’t figure out what might be going wrong, would it be possible for you to send me a PM with an account for me to look at your setup?

Signature

RankRankRank

PM

Ignore

Hey Nicolas,

Mitchell has a login to our system, do you mind getting it from him?  I want to keep our passwords as secure as possible.

Thanks!

RankRankRankRankRank

PM

Ignore

No problem, I’ll ask him smile

Signature

RankRankRankRankRank

PM

Ignore

dmacli,

I see that your problematic template is very long, with a lot of commented-out code.
Although I know commented code shouldn’t be processed, I would recommend cleaning up the morsel code from unneeded comments in case something gets run due to a badly closed comment tag, for example.

If the problem persists, check if there isn’t any code that may be resource intensive in the morsel (eg. fetching thousands of database table rows).

Lastly, maybe breaking up your morsels into smaller ones may avoid this unique performance hit as well smile

Signature