We make tools that make websites.

Forums (Archived)

The Solspace Support Forums are now CLOSED (read-only)

Check out our new support options here. Please refer to this blog post for more information.

Dynamic morsel not getting passed variable - EE 2.2.2, Morsels 1.5.2

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 200

PM

Ignore

I can’t seem to pass variables to a morsel using Morsels 1.5.2 in EE 2.2.2. I’m using the following fetch statement in a channel entries tag:

{exp:template_morsels:fetch name="items_related" m_entry_id="{entry_id}"

Then I’d use {m_entry_id} in an entries loop inside the morsel. Seems that isn’t working now, as the only thing passed to the morsel now is literally “{m_entry_id}” - it’s not passing/parsing the variable. I wiped the contents of the exp_template_morsels_dynamic_cache table in the hopes it would regenerate correctly, but it does not. Any thoughts on what I can do here? Thanks.

Also, how the heck does one change their forum signature in these forums? I don’t see where I can edit it anywhere.

RankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 9901

PM

Ignore

Hi,
Have you tried hard-coding a value into m_entry_id=”“? Looks like I can reproduce your issue in EE 2.2.2 even with hard-coded values within the passed dynamic variable, but want to confirm that you see this as well. Thank you smile

Signature

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 200

PM

Ignore

Hi Nicolas, that’s correct - even hardcoding a value there doesn’t pass it. I tried this:

{exp:template_morsels:fetch name="items_related" m_entry_id="216"

In my morsel, I got rid of everything except this: “{m_entry_id}” - and that is exactly what shows up after refreshing the morsel. Thanks for taking a look.

RankRankRankRankRank

PM

Ignore

I can reproduce this on my side as well, and in both EE 2.2.1 and 2.2.2. I’ll let the developer know about this issue. Thank you for reporting it smile

Signature

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 142

PM

Ignore

Nicolas- I was sloppy and didnt pull an up to date backup before installation.  I have the same error and its crippling.  Any tips for downgrading?

I am going to try backing up the morsels table, uninstall, reinstall 1.51 and then restore the table.

RankRankRank

PM

Ignore

I got everything working again- but this addon update should be pulled until it is fixed.  This is a critical bug.

RankRankRankRankRank

PM

Ignore

Hi Ryan and eyevariety,

Just letting you know that a new version of Template Morsels has been released which should take care of the issues you are having. Thank you for your patience on this smile

Signature

RankRankRank

PM

Ignore

Awesome- thats great. Thanks!